Loughgall Country Park has three main walking routes.
- Lakeside route – 4.35k
- Orchard route – 3.29k
- Bridle route – 5.91k
- Bramley route – 2.3k
Download Loughgall Country Park Map
Here are a few useful tips
- People who currently take no exercise will gain most from any increase in physical activity.
- If you’re not in the habit of taking regular exercise, start slowly, enjoy being out and about, and gradually build up to the recommended 30 minutes walking a day.
- Drink a glass of water before and after you walk and don’t forget, wear good comfortable shoes.
- Walk safely – observe the Highway Code and wear bright, reflective clothing. · Remember, loose clothing is more comfortable and in winter, add light layers rather than thick chunky clothes. It’s much better
- If you have a history of heart trouble or other significant medical illness, talk to your doctor before you start.
- Stop, if you have unusual symptoms, such as chest pain, breathlessness or dizziness and consult your doctor.
Why not invite your friends, family or work colleagues to join you when you go out walking..
Lets go Walking – A regular programme of walking …
- Keeps your heart strong Improves muscle strength
- Helps to manage your weight
- Makes you feel good
ABOVE ALL, WALKING IS FUN!!
Physical activity reduces risk for several chronic diseases including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, anxiety and depression.